460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a letter to the editor of a newspaper:

Doug... 8)

The other day someone in the store in our town read about a Meth lab found in an old farmhouse in the next county, he asked me a rhetorical question; why didn't we have a drug problem when we were growing up?
I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young:

I was drug to church every Sunday morning.

I was drug to church for weddings & funerals.

I was drug to family reunions & community socials, no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.

I was drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in "everything" that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.

I was drug to mom's garden and flower beds to pull weeds & cockleburs from dad's fields.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, & neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, fix the clothesline, or chop some firewood.

And if my mother had found out that I took even a single dime as tip for this "kindness", I was drug right back to the woodshed!

Those drugs are still in my veins & they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroine; and if todays children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place!!

God Bless the parents who drugged us!!!

Author unknown...

D

·
0 Posts
Do we really need to revisite the "My world only exists because of GOD" thing?

D

·
0 Posts
Left Field Bro, I was of the understanding all the "religious stuff" would give way to car talk. How About something about how "Jesus build my hotrod" or something........ :roll:
:lol:

I'm having a "religous intolerance moment" : :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
dfree383 said:
Left Field Bro, I was of the understanding all the "religious stuff" would give way to car talk. How About something about how "Jesus build my hotrod" or something........ :roll:
It was a joke about being drug! You picked out one sentance and ran with it!

PS I perfer right field.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't think it states anything other than if kids had more discipline, America wouldn't have some of the problems it has today... :D

Doug... 8)

D

·
0 Posts
jones said:
dfree383 said:
It was a joke about being drug! You picked out one sentance and ran with it!

PS I perfer right field.
I know your a religous man and you never flaunt it and I have the utmost respect for you because of that, but I'll stay in the middle, Either way to far ain't for me..........

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
tempting. . . tempting

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I was just making an observation. Doesn't have anything to do with my Chirstianity.
Now if it had been one of 511fox post I wouldn't have said anything. Until ya'll started throwing sticks and stones at one another. :lol:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actaully, it's not a joke or a sermon. It's an actual letter signed concerned reader; written to a newspaper editor's column simply stating that kids need to be "made" to have a little respect & discpline. Just like most of us on here did...

(Not to be made into a religious or political debaccal).

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
good work jones I didn't even have to put in my .02! just kidding dfree.

peace, brother

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I believe these are the things that could help this nation get on line. I had the same kind of Dad this guy had and you know it never hurt me to have my Butt spanked when I did wrong, the next time I knew better.
When I was a teenager My Father pulled me aside and said son I want to explain something to you I know you are going to drink when you go out, I know you are going to raise heck, just let me say if you get in trouble with the LAW and the public just Remember one thing, what ever trouble you get in out in the public is nothing to what you are going to be in when you get back home :idea: Trust me I knew he ment it also, I made the mistake one time when I was 18 and decided to call him stupid :!: Well the moral of the story was when I came back to concious I understood the point well from then on... The old man TKO'ed me one and only one time...

Randy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts