460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as we found out Saturday, the OVTPA(Ohio Valley Truck Puller Association) does not allow fenderwell headers in competition street class, pretty much making it an all chebbie show...SAVE YOUR MONEY, DO NOT ATTEND A OVTPA PULL!!! they also have an odd hitchpoint rule(48" from center of rear axle) they tried to hose our other buddy with, so i think we all decided that from now on we'll stay on the other side of the river, even though the chebbie that came up on the back of the trailer with us took first in Comp Street, having to run a repull just made it pretty bittersweet.
later
Dan

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I have to ask because I don't know a thing about pulling, what is considered a conventional hitch point measurement, as apposed to the odd hitchpoint rule (48" from center of rear axle) you mentioned.

I can see where different hitch points would change the leverage, did they do this to benifit one group of pullers over another?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everywhere else we pull, and even all the other classes of OVTPA rules use a hitch point 36" from center of rear axle. I failed to state in my original post the reason i was so upset, it wasnt the rules they used, it was the fact that they didnt tech us and DQ us until AFTER we had pulled and took 2nd place in the class....seems kinda cheap and oddly convenient that they "missed" us at weigh in. Oh well, they wont see another dime of our money.
later
Dan

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Well it makes sense to tell them to take their program & jam it sideways if you feel your not getting a fair shake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts