460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I have is a SVO block virgin never had pistons in it. Splade 4 Bolt mains siemese cylinders. Block is in new shape just the way it came from ford SVO back in the day. I want to get $2,000 for it but will entertain any offer. I'll send pics to your email. Cant find the sticky that tells you how to post pics. Thanks. I'll sweeten the pot for whoever wants it at my price I'll through in my brand new Holly Dominator intake that I have for it pics will follow.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Might wanna put #3 mian cap back on #3 main journal :shock: :wink:

Just a thought...

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The block will take any head from standard to hemi head the deck is 10.310 the rough bore is 4.360 and max is 4.625. The part # is m6010a60 it can handle 600 plus C.I. and the weight is 270 pounds. I am in Harrisburg PA.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Er' Matt, that block does NOT have the bolt bosses to allow for the 18 bolt pattern. It's obvious, from the picture, that the outer bosses are not there. Course that only makes a difference if you want to run 18 bolt heads, with 10 bolts.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Chuck Stevens said:
Er' Matt, that block does NOT have the bolt bosses to allow for the 18 bolt pattern. It's obvious, from the picture, that the outer bosses are not there. Course that only makes a difference if you want to run 18 bolt heads, with 10 bolts.

One of the differances between the old A460 block and the new is. The old was solid along the outside like the block shown. Where the new versions have bosses. Accounts for the weight differance between the svo blocks and FRPP.

He does need to show a picture of the block deck for clearification, because I wouldn't want any one taking my word for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well you know more about it then I do I thought that the extra material on the deck was for 4 more bolts and thats all the boss heads used. But if you say not I'll have to trust you. Thanks For the help Matt.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts