460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am currently running an a460 632. (Thor Headed) Would like to go to an aluminum block. I would really like to go to a bigger bore so my question is, what would be a good block to go to? How big of a Bore can the 11.2 deck height block go to? Can I still run my 4.75" Crank? Will my oil pan work? I am looking for an Aluminum Block. If I have to go to the 10.3 Block I will. What is the price on that block?

Thanks in advance for ANY info!

·
Registered
3 Posts
11.2 aluminum

Hey guys. I am currently running an a460 632. (Thor Headed) Would like to go to an aluminum block. I would really like to go to a bigger bore so my question is, what would be a good block to go to? How big of a Bore can the 11.2 deck height block go to? Can I still run my 4.75" Crank? Will my oil pan work? I am looking for an Aluminum Block. If I have to go to the 10.3 Block I will. What is the price on that block?

Thanks in advance for ANY info!
give Carroll Carter a call...he can supply you with a block and all the information you need

·
Registered
902 Posts
Used alum blocks go for $4000 and up.
New ones go for about $5500 plus line bore, plus bore and hone cylinders, maybe deck block
and big core cam and keyway style lifter setup is extra $ too
11.2 block lets you put in longer rod, but you'll have widen intake versus 10.3 block.
Bore is usually 4.63 for standard sleeves, up to 4.7 for oversize sleeves.
With Canted valve heads you can notch top of the block around the valves and it will be like going to bigger bore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts