460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just needed some opinions on the situation Im in.

Well Ive located 2 possible 460's for my buildup. Im trying to do this pretty cheap, ported d0ves and such, but Im spending good money on tubular front end and such.

Well option one is in kentucky. Its a rebuilt 466 shortblock with a comp magnum 292H cam. It has new timing gears/chain/oil pump etc. Its basically a stock rebuild, Im not sure how many miles on it but it will run. He wants 500 which is awesome, but its going to cost me about 600 to get it to new york (truck freight).

Option 2 is local. A good running 460 that is coming out of an f350. The owner told me to come by tomorrow to proove to me that it runs because it is still in the truck, he will sell it to me for 600.

I would gladly go with option 2 if I could make good compression/power out of the bone stock 460 bottom end, without having to rebuild and such.

What do you guys reccomend? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would go with option 2,
first you get to see and hear the engine run. second the 600 you spend on transport can easily buy you a set of pistons rings or cam! and then at least you know what youve got!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.