460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a short block and I'm thinking of purchasing it through AD Performance. Has anyone dealt with these folks? Good or bad experiences......please share!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
As far as In know, they don't actually build anything, they just market other people's products.

You'd be better off buying directly from a builder in my opinion.

:cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as In know, they don't actually build anything, they just market other people's products.

Who would you recommend? I'm looking for a 331 stroker short block. For a '65 mustang, street car.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I bought a 502 Scat stroker kit a few months back. The price was right but the communication sucked. The Probe pistons I wanted were back ordered after waiting a few weeks and they had no idea when they could supply them. I ended up getting SRP's instead.They got the SRP's within a week.
A simple e-mail within a week or two of ordering, stating they have no idea when the pistons would arrive would go along way in customer relations.

Would I order from them again? Probably.

·
Premium Member
8,726 Posts
A/D performance builds their short and long blocks ON SITE in Redmond WA. I know Brian Adams and his engine builder machinist (fully equipped shop) personally. Bill Hendrix is a talented engine builder and machinist and was my EMC partner when our team placed 3RD in 2006.

A bit of fact checking is in order here Carl!!! ;)

I will agree that Brian can be difficult to get hold of at times. The issue with the probe pistons is an internal issue with that company.

S

·
Registered
295 Posts

Coast/Probe seems to have a strong small block program going.

Carl,

Your misinformation is pretty poor on this one.

First, if you're going to make derogatory comments about me/my business please at least have your facts straight.

We do 100% of our machine work IN HOUSE. We are fully equipped for everything except crank grinding on site. This includes late model CNC equipment to include both a Rottler F65 CNC mill and a Haas Horizontal CNC Machining center. Further, I do not have a machinist with less than 20 years of experience and we exclusively do high performance work. This includes all of our block work, balancing and assembly on said customer's 331.

To add irony to your statement Coast High doesn't machine any of their blocks in house. Mark and co are personal friends of mine, they're a piston manufacturing company, and I've visited them numerous times. So for you to come on here and make the statement that we do not do any of our machine work in house, and that a "real" builder would make a better source, only to recommend a source that doesn't machine them in house, is pretty misinformed.

We've all generally gotten along on this site in the past, was there something I've done to rub you wrong?

Brian

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Carl,

Your misinformation is pretty poor on this one.

First, if you're going to make derogatory comments about me/my business please at least have your facts straight.

We do 100% of our machine work IN HOUSE. We are fully equipped for everything except crank grinding on site. This includes late model CNC equipment to include both a Rottler F65 CNC mill and a Haas Horizontal CNC Machining center. Further, I do not have a machinist with less than 20 years of experience and we exclusively do high performance work. This includes all of our block work, balancing and assembly on said customer's 331.

To add irony to your statement Coast High doesn't machine any of their blocks in house. Mark and co are personal friends of mine, they're a piston manufacturing company, and I've visited them numerous times. So for you to come on here and make the statement that we do not do any of our machine work in house, and that a "real" builder would make a better source, only to recommend a source that doesn't machine them in house, is pretty misinformed.

We've all generally gotten along on this site in the past, was there something I've done to rub you wrong?

Brian
Derogatory comments?

Seems you're the one getting rubbed wrong.

All I did was run a quick Google search and follow the link to your website because I wasn't aware that you offered engines.

This is what I found on your website:
"We carry more than one builder because they serve a specific niche. There is no single builder that is best at everything, we utilize different sources for their strongest offerings and combine them to offer you the best options available."

The above statement would seem to indicate that you're selling engines built by somebody else. :confused: Sorry if you didn't like my comments, but I was just passing along what you published on your own website.

As for Probe/Coast.....I don't really know much about their operation other than Mark being a great guy to deal with, and he has plenty of information for would-be consumers available on-line.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Derogatory comments?

Seems you're the one getting rubbed wrong.

All I did was run a quick Google search and follow the link to your website because I wasn't aware that you offered engines.

This is what I found on your website:
"We carry more than one builder because they serve a specific niche. There is no single builder that is best at everything, we utilize different sources for their strongest offerings and combine them to offer you the best options available."

The above statement would seem to indicate that you're selling engines built by somebody else. :confused: Sorry if you didn't like my comments, but I was just passing along what you published on your own website.

As for Probe/Coast.....I don't really know much about their operation other than Mark being a great guy to deal with, and he has plenty of information for would-be consumers available on-line.

Carl,

Spreading incorrect information about our shop is derogatory. I'm not sure how else you would define it.

We don't generally do Chevy engines, which is why we offered vendors at one point, so to apply that to our entire engine program would seem a little far reaching when you don't know the facts.

I would hope you would have enough passion and pride about your business to defend it from misinformation and mud slinging. I would imagine if I sunk to your level and pointed out the reasons not to purchase from you, and further made them up with false information, you might also correct the facts. If nothing else I would consider it pretty unprofessional for a so called "expert" in the field to put his foot into his mouth on every factual point of a post.

Brian

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Carl,

Spreading incorrect information about our shop is derogatory. I'm not sure how else you would define it.

We don't generally do Chevy engines, which is why we offered vendors at one point, so to apply that to our entire engine program would seem a little far reaching when you don't know the facts.

I would hope you would have enough passion and pride about your business to defend it from misinformation and mud slinging. I would imagine if I sunk to your level and pointed out the reasons not to purchase from you, and further made them up with false information, you might also correct the facts. If nothing else I would consider it pretty unprofessional for a so called "expert" in the field to put his foot into his mouth on every factual point of a post.

Brian
Not really interested in your drama here.

Good luck in your endeavors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts