460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure would love to get advice on retrofitting an older Ford to R-134a. My instinct is to stay with r-12. I have about eight pounds of r-12, and I can get a thirty pound tank for $250 from a friend, which should last me a lifetime of recharges in the two projects I have in mind before I die. Isn't r-12 more efficient? Isn't r-12 easier to compress and therefore easier on compressors? I'm in the process of restoring a 1972 Galaxie; it will have a 1971 PI drivetrain. My daily driver is a 1972 LTD Brougham. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Joe

·
Registered
147 Posts
Autofrost,,

go to autofrost.com and look at the information there,we've been using it for years with no problems,it's much cheaper than R-12 and it cools better,,,,,hope this helps,,,,,,,Gregg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Up here in the great white north, we have something called redtec. It's compatable with R 12 or 134, and it takes about 5 minutes to throw a can in. The install kit comes with an adapter for either system. It works great, and I don't have to wait 3 weeks on a service call to top up my tractors. And when it leaks out, I don't have to feel bad about wrecking the ozone layer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts