460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you Ky. guys might be familiar with these roads and could warn me of a bad route. Maybe there is construction or too curvy and hilly for a race rig.

I'm coming from south Arkansas. I'm I-state all the way to the boothill of Mo. I'll cross the river going towards Dyersburg on 104. Hit hwy 45 called Julian M. Carroll Purchase Parkway north. Hwy 641 bypass just north of Mayfield. Then 62 north of Ky. Lake. Then KY 109 toward Dawson Springs. I'll stay on 109 to Beulah and get on Hwy 70 to Madisonville. Then north on hwy 254. Then what looks like residential roads Branch Scoolhouse Road to road 1155, then 138 then 81 and then 815 and then Lonesome Pine Trail and then on Windy Hollow road. Maps said it's 409 miles and 8.5 hours.

I looked at another route and I can't remember the road. anyway, it went way north and west of Owensbor and looked like a major highway. The turned right and came to the bypass in Owensboro. It appeared to add about 50 miles but looked clean and safe.

Ky. guys, if you know better let me know.

Thanks
Kerry

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Route

It looks like I can stay on 70 to Central City and go North on 431. Does this sound god instead of using all those backroads straight to the track?

Kerry

·
8,522 Posts
No.....
I-155 to 51 to Purchase Parkway to I-24 to Wendell Ford Parkway to Central City/US 431.
431 To Owensboro.....Livermore is 1/2 way between C.C and O'boro .

This is all 4 lane untill you get to C.C/US 431...stay away from 70 and all that b.s.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10-4 Lem

Got it Lem, I'll take your route. Can I stop by the shop and say HEY? If so, how far from Central City are you?

Thanks
Kerry

·
Registered
457 Posts
i believe the way Lem said is the way i mapped out for us 55 n 155 from memphis n so forth when you headin out knrclark might see ya on the road. google say 598 miles n 10 hours from Mulberry
:(. but cant wait:)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Lem is giving good advice. I came near your stomping grounds on my way to Hope Arkansas saturday . We even saw a couple dead armadillers :D.

What day are you going up , you will be within 5 miles of me when you drive through ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wed.

i believe the way Lem said is the way i mapped out for us 55 n 155 from memphis n so forth when you headin out knrclark might see ya on the road. google say 598 miles n 10 hours from Mulberry
:(. but cant wait:)

Hey Erv,

I'm leaving Wed. morning. I did not want to be wore out come Thursday and Friday.

Kerry

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lem is giving good advice. I came near your stomping grounds on my way to Hope Arkansas saturday . We even saw a couple dead armadillers :D.

What day are you going up , you will be within 5 miles of me when you drive through ?
Ky Mustang,

I'm coming Wed. Should be there by ?3:00 p.m. or so. Can't be sure with the girls in the truck. I'm so excited it will be a miracle if I get there and don't get a ticket for speeding.

P.S. You did not see a dead skunk, opposum, cat, dog, squirrel, cow, fox, coyote, turtle, or person? You must have been on the Interstate and not on the backroads. LMAO

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey Erv,

I'm leaving Wed. morning. I did not want to be wore out come Thursday and Friday.

Kerry

:D thats a good idea i would`nt want you fatigued n racin that sweeet stang:D. we are leavin out round 10:30 or 11:00 pm wed son has to work wed. so im gonna tryin sleep wed. afternoon then drive straight through:eek:. we went to okc here while back took 4.5 hours. felt like i had the sht kicked outa me when we got there:(. but maybe when i get to Kentuc. one a them fella`s will have some o that clear liquid rumatiz medicine:D:D. see ya there. have a safe trip:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
knr you left out deer,bear n beaver, hit one bout month ago, could`nt swerve caus o traffic was a young one, hated that

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your right

knr you left out deer,bear n beaver, hit one bout month ago, could`nt swerve caus o traffic was a young one, hated that
How in the heck could I have forgotten deer? They are everywhere.

A few years back my son and I went to OKC to pick up his stang. I trailered out, got the car, and returned the same day. OKC and back on a day trip was a bad idea. It took almost 14 hours. Never again.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
You know, it didn't really hit me until yesterday while Tracy and I were at Krogers getting supplies for the BBF Bash. It's ONLY a few days away!!!

Can't wait to see you guys again and meet some of you guys for the first time :cool:

You guys travel safely and take the contact list with you in case you need to call someone.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
457 Posts
You know, it didn't really hit me until yesterday while Tracy and I were at Krogers getting supplies for the BBF Bash. It's ONLY a few days away!!!

Can't wait to see you guys again and meet some of you guys for the first time :cool:

You guys travel safely and take the contact list with you in case you need to call someone.

:D contact list???????????:)

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts