460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to getting some new heads, looking at the 295 afr bullit heads, trying to figure out what else I'm going to need in the head swap, I have a victor that has been milled to fit my c8ve heads which are milled .050 -.060 and from what I've found should put me around 72cc, any problem with fitment there? Would like to keep my compression pretty close to what it is now, I have trw single eye brow pistons, those I know will have to be cut for the new heads, push rods, afr stud girdle, have motorsports valve covers too. I add a pic of what I have of the pistons, there older pistons and info on these would be great, will be adding nox later engine is built for a 350 shot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,721 Posts
Getting close to getting some new heads, looking at the 295 afr bullit heads, trying to figure out what else I'm going to need in the head swap, I have a victor that has been milled to fit my c8ve heads which are milled .050 -.060 and from what I've found should put me around 72cc, any problem with fitment there? Would like to keep my compression pretty close to what it is now, I have trw single eye brow pistons, those I know will have to be cut for the new heads, push rods, afr stud girdle, have motorsports valve covers too. I add a pic of what I have of the pistons, there older pistons and info on these would be great, will be adding nox later engine is built for a 350 shot.

AFR's with the 85 cc chamber for pump gas. 75 cc chamber for race fuel or E85.
AFR Girdle is available via Jomar.

We are direct MD with both.

The victor intake is on CJ port centers. The AFR heads are on passenger car centers. Use the AFR intake.

Piston notch depth will depend on proposed cam specs.

Push rod length will depend on rockers

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about just going to the 315s,
here's the cam specs, it's a crower 22405

INT/EXH - Dur @ .050” Lift: 272°/277° RR: 1.73/1.73 Gross Lift: .690”/.698” LSA: 108° RPM: 4500 to 7750 Redline: 8250

Going to have a custom ground cam done for sure , I know bigger is not better, but it's a race only truck and its 3500 or better when I'm running it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was also contemplating the p51s , but in my research it looks as those otb are a little behind the afrs , 2.3 valve and some work that I guess changes but want to put that expense else where, if I remember correctly the afrs have a better average horsepower throughout the curve? I know that goes a lot with the entire package and not just the heads, don't want a domino effect

·
Premium Member
8,721 Posts
Solid roller?

At 460" and 7K+ the 295's are fine. Adding a 300 shot I would go with the 315's with the raised exhaust port.

The cam you list is short on exhaust timing and the LSA is far too tight.

Where do you need your peak RPM to be?
Dommy carbs allowed?

The AFR dominator intake is better than the 4150 version due to plenum volume.

SJ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No class, block is a 2 bolt dive block with arp studs, keep it no more 7k, I think I'll be pushing the limits of the block with nitrous, have been considering building a another short block after doing the top end and skipping the nitrous all together....never used it......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts