460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If AFR made a big block ford head , would anyone buy it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wondering... they make heads for everything else

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
wild pony said:
just wondering... they make heads for everything else
hmmmmm???

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I would say that it would be hard to make something that isn't already covered by Trick Flow, Kasse, or Blue Thunder.JMO

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Probably would be a decent head BUT,not as good or better than what we already have.jmo

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I think it would be a good head, but they would really have to do their homework to get something that'll sell enough to offset their R&D effort.

I'm glad Kaase was fortunate enough to be allowed to rework the old Alum CJ. Without that we'd have no SCJ, hence no P-51.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
It's pretty well known that their small block ford stuff is pretty stout, and from what I've read their BBC stuff seems to be pretty solid. My 205cc did 322/215 @ .600 (no pipe) on a SPF 600, they had a wee bit of rubbing on them but were basically off the shelf. I was there when the guy flowed them, and he did them back to back with a heavily ported set of World 200s that pulled 280cfm and went 10.60s in a 3000lb Fairlane w/377ci...numbers seem high on my AFR but hard to argue with back to back tests.

As stated, I would have a hard time seeing any improvement over P51s, because I doubt they'd get into moving the valves around. From what I've seen, they stick close to stock architecture.

I'd love to see them do an FE head though :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts