460 Ford Forum banner

Alaskan oil pipeline has massive "corrosion"??

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dfree383 
#1 ·
Ummmm, Funny how this problem just happened to show up and need to be fixed at this time....hummmm.

They do mean rust/corrosion on the outside of the oil pipline.......right? The oil flowing inside the pipeline should protect the inside of the pipe from rotting away.......right??

G
#3 ·
It's a load of BS, They have been neglecting maintence !!! Money Grubbin' SOB's !! I don't think the Arab's are the problem......... I'm not for goverment anything but I think we need to start regulating energy, this whole mess is starting to stink, I smell a RAT...........

#4 ·
re Pipeline

Don't know if this is true or not, but I had heard BP (the owner of the refinery in Alaska) is trying to raise the gas prices to what Europe is paying because they don't think it's fair for Europe to be paying more than the US.

Can you imagine the ripple effects of this? It will take years for our economy to stabilize, everything will go up. And salaries will have to go up as well.

G
#5 ·
Re: re Pipeline

loganwildman said:
Don't know if this is true or not, but I had heard BP (the owner of the refinery in Alaska) is trying to raise the gas prices to what Europe is paying because they don't think it's fair for Europe to be paying more than the US.

Can you imagine the ripple effects of this? It will take years for our economy to stabilize, everything will go up. And salaries will have to go up as well.
Oil is traded as a commodity and the market prices are the market prices. From what I know the reason gas prices are so expensive in Europe is Goverment Taxes, not the actual oil price. The ideas behind the higher prices in Europe where to encourage more ecnomical cars and conservation of fuel. But in Europe they have really good public transportation systems (Trains, Busses, Etc.) and this idea in the USA would fail because people are much more independent and the public transportation systems in this country are realy inadiquite compaired to Europe. I would only be about the "$$$$" Here..............

#6 ·
dfree383 said:
It's a load of BS, They have been neglecting maintence !!! Money Grubbin' SOB's !! I don't think the Arab's are the problem......... I'm not for goverment anything but I think we need to start regulating energy, this whole mess is starting to stink, I smell a RAT...........
I feel the same as you do. I see this coming before it hits $5-6 a gallon.

#7 ·
MASSIVE PROFIT'S, neglecting maintence, but he (BP) did apologize. :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: true or false who know's any more, they said the pecking order where our oil comes from is canada was#1 mexico#2 sadi arabia was #3

#8 ·
that and oil is traded on the futures market which I don't completely understand except that speculation can make huge price jumps. And there's only a couple big oil companies in charge of the whole show. If my project cars could be fueled with the frustration of getting anything done on them, I could drive for free, forever.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060727/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_exxon_mobil

G
#9 ·
I throw another one at you, Major Oil and Gas lines alot of time's are not one big line, they usually a "bank" of lines (4,6,8) this is to ensure supply in the event of a line failure...............................Imagine that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.