460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, currently I run the motosport Victor/Pro Systems carbed combo. I recently came across a Weiand tunnel ram that had a top on it for an enderle hat and was drilled and tapped for the rubber lines in the intake runners.
Could this swap work? What all is involved? I am running TFS streets with Cometic head gaskets, 12.8-1 CR, is this enough for alcohol?
Just the winter setting in and my mind starts to wander about stuff I'd like to do with the bronco is all.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
12.8 is enough for Alky and yes I have run it and like it but I have never had very good luck with the Hat deal, I like the Toilet or carb as good, I want to build a stack injector setup one day and I think it will work great....

Randy

·
Registered
80 Posts
enderle hat

12.8 is more than enough! I know it isnt' optimal but it will work fine. Dont laugh but I put mine on a stock rotating assy '78 shortblock (460) with only about 9.6 cr and the response is awsome compared to my old set up.The torque ain't too bad either :wink: . The odd and end stuff will kill ya if buying all parts separate - cables, shutoff, pump & drive, tons of an fittings for return lines, etc. Also, if it's an unknown set up get your pump flowed so you can use it for a tuning baseline and make sure you have the right spool in your barrell valve for your application. A great fuel inj. website is over at HRE forums
Sheldon G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts