460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
572" engine complete...ready to run. Aluminum Block, Scat Steel Crank, Steel Rods, A460 heads ported by Charlie Evans, Hogans Sheet metal intake, two brand new 1050s (2 weekends at the strip). Herbert rockers, Comp lifters, Jomar Stud Girdle, Moroso Pan, Engine is currently set up as a wet sump. Can be run either wet or dry. This Engine is complete, add a distributor and run. Block is in very good shape. It has never been windowed. However, it has had a few minor repars (water jacket repair, one head stud has a helicoil.) This is a very strong engine. Has been 5.10s in a 2500lb door car. 15,000.00/BO
Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
mustangracer2 said:
572" engine complete...ready to run. Aluminum Block, Scat Steel Crank, Steel Rods, A460 heads ported by Charlie Evans, Hogans Sheet metal intake, two brand new 1050s (2 weekends at the strip). Herbert rockers, Comp lifters, Jomar Stud Girdle, Moroso Pan, Engine is currently set up as a wet sump. Can be run either wet or dry. This Engine is complete, add a distributor and run. Block is in very good shape. It has never been windowed. However, it has had a few minor repars (water jacket repair, one head stud has a helicoil.) This is a very strong engine. Has been 5.10s in a 2500lb door car. 15,000.00/BO
Thanks
Wish i didn't have so much tied up in my combo :( Sounds like a smokin' good deal for someone :!:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a couple of jobs to do for other people. Once they are done I am going to start on the 57 Crown Vic. I am going to do a 800" motor for it. Still a little undecided if I will use Boss or Thor heads....

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
mustangracer2 said:
I have a couple of jobs to do for other people. Once they are done I am going to start on the 57 Crown Vic. I am going to do a 800" motor for it. Still a little undecided if I will use Boss or Thor heads....
800 ci... I say Roberts design 5" BS hemi heads.... That will be one bad hombre... :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
A bump for you Andy,,,,

anyone considering this motor should feel at ease, I bought a motor from him last fall and it was everything he said it was.
after a couple of weekends messing with things, it was a top 2 truck for the last half of the season with back to back wins these last 2 weeks

I wish I had some more money as I'd love to have this one or your 665, no matter how much hp you have you always want more!!
thanks again
Steve

·
Registered
962 Posts
aa

Compression ratio??

Always ran NA ??? or sprayed??

What pistons, maybe I mised the discription

Where are you located ??

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The motor is 14:1. It was sprayed 5 or 6 times with a 125 shot for the first 3 second of the run. This was to get in a very fast Q16 field. I am in northern Virginia.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts