460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1983-86 4x4 460 ceramic headers

460 ford, it has less than 100 miles on it, I sold the car it was in. It has ported d3 heads ( Per Scott's web page ) with 1.8 stainless exhaust valves, 2.08 stainless intake valves, New valve springs & seals, New flat top sealed power coated hyperutetic pistons, new cap screw I beam rods ( from Cars by Carl ), 9.5:1 compression with .040 quench, Paul Kane oil pump & oil mods, rear pick up pan, torker 2 intake ( it was a light car and a stall converter). Cam is a crower hdp 270, with .484 intake lift, & .509 exhaust lift, Duration is 211 intake & 218 exhaust @050. , new recurved duraspark distributor ( done per Scott's web page ). This motor makes a honest 400 horsepower at 4500-5000 rpm and a lot of torque. It has only had Brad Penn oil in it.
Sold

MSD blaster ignition box and coil, sold

E 85 converted Classic Motorsports 750 holly with dominator bowls, proform contour body with no choke, 4 corner idle screws, big accelerator pumps front and rear, stainless steel base plate for alcohol (flows approximately 835 CFM, good to 500 to 550 horsepower)
Sold

I also have a JW super bell and 460 flywheel that fits both the ford and GM patterns, and arp flywheel bolts $250 obo, you ship Sold

gear reduction starter, the one on the above motor, low miles. sold

Ceramic coated headman elite headers # 89348, that fit a 83-86 ford 4x4 pick up, $200 obo, you ship

Power glide case, most of the parts ( all the major ones) , long tail shaft housing, valve body, Both front and rear pumps, and 2 of the good 1.76 gear sets, sold

I would consider a package deal too.

Text me at 1-620 363 4207 for more information or photos.
Thanks,
Dale Johnson

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
text

Bill, I didn't get your text. Please try again or call. I can send you pictures and you can decide if they will fit, or come by and look with your truck. Dale

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Haha Moran, KS is where my Mustang broke on Drag Week! Left it parked at Pump n Pete's all that week!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Thanks! It broke at about midnight on Monday that week.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It knocked a head off an intake valve and made a mess of #2 and #8 just North of town. Totally my fault. I swapped cams just before DW and messed up on the P2V clearance just a hair. The interference was not enough to even notice when turning the engine over, but it was enough to weaken a valve stem and pop a head off after running at 3000 rpm for several hours. Heck, if it had happened earlier in the day, I could have just bought your 460, swapped it in and been on my way! haha

The funny part was, while I remembered to give the store my phone number (they had just closed), I totally forgot to take note of exactly where in Kansas I left the car. Took me a couple of days to figure out where it was. haha

Hey, good luck with the sale, that sounds like a great deal on that engine. I bet it would be fun in my pickup.

:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry, but I don't text. What is the model number of the ignition box? My son is having a problem with his 6AL and it would be handy to have an extra box to prove his is failing and to use if/while his is being repaired.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sale pending on the box, tomorrow i'll know if it sold. it is the blaster box, part number 5900 by my memory. Big Block Ranger, thanks. If you are ever up this way give me a shout. I pastor the Church 3 miles east of Moran. & I'm the fastest preacher around! I'll be running my '46 pick up at Mokan this next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts