460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
181 Posts
I, too, am "in the heat" (Memphis) and have been looking into electric fans for my 545. I have pretty much decided on the Lincoln Mark VIII. I understand that puppy moves some serious air and can be had for a reasonable price - - goggle it and you will get all kinds of responses on ebay and other places.

From reading about it on different forums, it apparently requires some heavy amps so I am going with a 140 or 200 amp alternator. Using the Lincoln Mark VIII should negate the need for a mechanical fan, IMO.

Hope this helps!

BT

· Registered
74 Posts
Taurus 2 speed fans with a shroud are supposed to move somewhere around 4500 CFM if I recall right. Hopefully that radiator is a 4 row. I've got an aluminum 2 row w/ dual 12" pushers here in N. IL and isn't cutting the mustard on my mild built 429.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Taurus 2 speed fans with a shroud are supposed to move somewhere around 4500 CFM if I recall right. Hopefully that radiator is a 4 row. I've got an aluminum 2 row w/ dual 12" pushers here in N. IL and isn't cutting the mustard on my mild built 429.
I think 4 row aluminum radiators are somewhat uncommon. When I needed to step up to a larger aluminum radiator, I went to one with 1.25" tubes (2 rows) vs 1.0" tubes. It was more expensive, but it got the job done when the other one couldn't.

Have a good day!
Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.