The Smorvette!

The Smaudi A3 AWD!

The Smamborghini!

The Smorsche!

The Smerrari!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
lol i read in car and driver awhile ago that the smart car gets 32 mpg vs the 99 metro's 42 mpg average, and the smart weighs 25 lbs less... but my personal experience is with a 1980 ford fiesta... 35 mpg in town with an at the time 22 yr old behind the wheel... i was not easy on that thing and it took every bit of it with minimal maintinence. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Smart car had been in Europe. It was made for big city driving, if you been to Europe you know what I mean, but they are alley/sidewalk cars. Maybe ok for New York/LA, but not most of US!

My 06 Corolla gets 32 city/40 highway.
Your aren't kidding there........You should see the look on Tourists faces when they look at their tour bus and then look at the streets of Ireland!...No kidding, they have absolutely NO pickup trucks at all. You want something moved, you call a moving service in a small cab-over truck...which is the same size as a half ton truck. The cars there when bought new (small, and dinky) come with factory tow hitches. I have seen farmers in something the size of a ford festiva, with a 16ft. trailer!.....Here is a great video of a gypsy in Ireland that gets my point across about how most move things!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOegMivKXUA

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now that is funny, My 88 F-150 dont get but 8mpg and I still would rather drive it around than one of those half cars, I think my 460 probally wieghs about asmuch as one of them

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw one of those tiny cars in the first picture try to pass me in my 1978 Mercury Marquis on the interstate at 70 mph and it seemed like he would slow way down on every hill and could only pass me when the road would flaten out so it looks like they must be under powered for their tiny size, I'll stick with my big smooth and comfortable Mercury.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts