460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to do the charging system on the 'ol Digger. I'm looking for the smallest diameter single wire alt. that I can find. I'm running a standard location front plate with a Danny Bee set up and plan on hanging it on the plate. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Rob

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do a search on Ebay for "NASCAR Alternator" or "Alternator NASCAR" and see what pop's up. You will find they are listed by NASCAR parts dealers and they sell fast for around $125 + or -. Even if nothing is listed, find the NASCAR parts dealers and contact them. They can find it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Speedway motors has a neat alt setup that mounts on the pinion of your rear. I know you can't use it like that but it is a small one wire alt. that just might fit the bill. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually guys I'd forgotten that I'd posted this lol. I found one from Powermaster (IIRC) on fleabay. It's designed for a lower left mount for a Chevrolet (but the mounts are directly across from each other so it's easy to put where ever you want) as a dirt car/sprint car application. 3 1/4" in dia. and 4" deep. One wire, and they come in 30, 50 or 100 amp versions, all for about $80.00 shipped. I think that I still have the link if any one is interested. Thanks for posting everyone.
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts