460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale Ford motorsport A-460 heads with Titanium retainers, New locks, Valve girdle, studs and guide plates, Alum rockers and ford motor sports intake. Fresh valve job. Will need new spring to match your application. A magnet will stick to them :? and they have a little rust showing through the paint :shock: Cheater stock truck pulling Special edition :lol: Can be glass bead blasted to look like new if the iron coating is not wanted $2200
Call for more info 419-994-4823 Loudonville, Oh

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are in transit from the machine shop back to me now. I will have pics, spring rates and flow #s the middle of next week. The Intakes are 2.300 the ext are 1.880 They take BBC ext flanges.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'm a little slow but with all that rust on those heads they must be IRON instead of the aluminum? Also a magnet will stick to them? Please explain

:shock: :shock:
Ace

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm reading some kind of "special" paint or coating to fool the tech guy. Sounds like he runs an iron head class. :shock:

dkp

·
Registered
89 Posts
very,very sneaky 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
iron coated spray-welded heads

I used to compete against the truck of wich those heads were on.They were ran by a previous owner other than Holly-wood.
I actually played by the cast iron head rule running cj iron heads that I did a lot of port work to. I ran a 466 cu-in motor and beat this "cheater truck" many, many times. Oh yeah he also cheated on the 470 cu-in limit by running a 514.
It makes one feel good when they play by the rules & still beat those that don't.....such is the world of truck pulling.
Don't get me wrong It was a good running truck & beat my truck & a lot of other good trucks at many pulls.
No hard feeling here....Hollywood has had one of the better running trucks in the pro-street class of wich now allows aluminum heads.
Hollywood are you going to a "c" head?
Keep that FORD running over those chevy's!!
:lol: PMP

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'd bet that they might sell a lot quicker if you had them media blasted so people could see that they are aluminum. Most of us on this forum would rather have that than some one selling cheater heads

So what's the flow spec's and what size are the combustion chambers? are there any stripped out spark plug holes or rocker threads? Last I see that you are selling the manifold as well but the carb is not a dominator? Is the Intake for the dominator flange? ( I've never seem one that wasn't ) is the intake ported as well?

Ace

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Int 394 Ext 288 at .800 None of the thread have ever been stipped out. Not sure on the combustion chamber size, maybe Charley will answer that. The Intake is for a dominator and will require an adatpter, I would recommend a 2". The intake is not ported. If they don't sell with the coating then I may remove it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts