460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they available? I want to replace my crappy pitting chrome lugs, but the only alternative that I've found so far is painted steel. Am I just overlooking them somewhere, or is this just something that no one makes? TIA

· Registered
724 Posts
aluminum lug nuts

Porsche has been using them forever on the 911 . I don't know of an American thread supplier though. Keeping your wheels clean and drying them after washing usually makes chrome last a very long time though.

· Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Porsche has been using them forever on the 911 . I don't know of an American thread supplier though. Keeping your wheels clean and drying them after washing usually makes chrome last a very long time though.
Well the previous owner must not have been very careful. Since I will have to replace them I figured I would go with something a little nicer.

· Registered
51 Posts
There are many different companies that make a 7071 AL lug nut. Stronger and lighter then steel. Might want to try looking at import shops. Usually the tooonerz idiots go after those first. They can be had in a standard thread pitch as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.