460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they available? I want to replace my crappy pitting chrome lugs, but the only alternative that I've found so far is painted steel. Am I just overlooking them somewhere, or is this just something that no one makes? TIA

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Are they available? I want to replace my crappy pitting chrome lugs, but the only alternative that I've found so far is painted steel. Am I just overlooking them somewhere, or is this just something that no one makes? TIA
Aluminum? Never. Titianium yea

·
Registered
724 Posts
aluminum lug nuts

Porsche has been using them forever on the 911 . I don't know of an American thread supplier though. Keeping your wheels clean and drying them after washing usually makes chrome last a very long time though.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Porsche has been using them forever on the 911 . I don't know of an American thread supplier though. Keeping your wheels clean and drying them after washing usually makes chrome last a very long time though.
Well the previous owner must not have been very careful. Since I will have to replace them I figured I would go with something a little nicer.

·
Registered
562 Posts
get mcguard from jegs ..... they are the best chrome you can get. I have a set that is 15+ years old and look great.

wayne

·
Registered
81 Posts
Years ago(early 70`s I believe), Cragar supplied aluminum shank style lug nuts for their then new "Super Trick" spun aluminum drag race wheels, but I understand that NHRA quickly banned them.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Aluminum lugs just me it wouldn't be a good idea to me aluminum just seams to soft to me for lugs not very safe.I would rather have rust on the lug than loss a wheel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are many different companies that make a 7071 AL lug nut. Stronger and lighter then steel. Might want to try looking at import shops. Usually the tooonerz idiots go after those first. They can be had in a standard thread pitch as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts