460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired the car up this morning for the first time since I move the collectors to exit out the side. :eek: What a difference in the sound level. The spectators are going to really like that this Saturday. The way SRD is setup with the starting line area in a gully, the sound is really going to reverberate though the air. Mikey, you ready?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I've got some turnouts on the collectors, fun to watch the people cover their ears as I roll into the waterbox..........:)

The M5 fumes send them scurring away as well........:D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thats great!!

My buddy's altered was like that, it was not too loud rolling into the water, but with the turn-outs, it blew some ear drums for sure. I remember some guys laughing at me for covering my ears, until he hit it, then they knew why!!

The other benefit is if the engine has a melt down, the oil coming out of the pipes goes away from the tires!!

Bill

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
I fired the car up this morning for the first time since I move the collectors to exit out the side. :eek: What a difference in the sound level. The spectators are going to really like that this Saturday. The way SRD is setup with the starting line area in a gully, the sound is really going to reverberate though the air. Mikey, you ready?
What do you think ??? LOL:D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Loud Pipes Save Lives. Just think of it as a safety device, everyone will hear you coming and you won't have to worry about anyone stepping out in front of you when driving thru the pits!
Gary

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've made a few more small changes. I think I smell some 5.60's in the air, and if they work in our favor, maybe some 5.50's if we can put some more timing back in.

That good huh ?? Do tell !!
I'm thinking we need to twist it more... That thing ain't even laboring yet..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts