460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS a few of you know , i'm Right in the middle of my engine build and just curious if there is a better head for the money i'm about to spend on the scj re revised head part # fms-m-6049-scjb , from summit $1,600 anyone got any suggestions????

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
AS a few of you know , i'm Right in the middle of my engine build and just curious if there is a better head for the money i'm about to spend on the scj re revised head part # fms-m-6049-scjb , from summit $1,600 anyone got any suggestions????
Yea ... you can probably get 'em from Lem Evans for slightly less money than that.

EDIT: RE revised .,..? Never mind, probably a different head.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

$849.95 X 2 = $1,699.90 Sounds like $1,700 to me .
What are the cam specs and what are your valve spring needs?
Well lem herd a lot of good things about you ! cm specs :717 lift 288 dur.110 lobe sep.not sure just yet on the springs may cheat the cam just a little bit with rockers larger than 7.3 haven't quite got there yet! any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Heads and Cam

IMHO This is the place where you make or break an engine. Talk to Lem about the WHOLE package. Let him set you up for success with the right parts. Heads, with the correct cam and springs for your application. IMHO it is better to have someone correctly assemble the heads with a quality valve job than to buy them from some parts house pre-assembled.

Clay

·
Registered
387 Posts
IMHO This is the place where you make or break an engine. Talk to Lem about the WHOLE package. Let him set you up for success with the right parts. Heads, with the correct cam and springs for your application. IMHO it is better to have someone correctly assemble the heads with a quality valve job than to buy them from some parts house pre-assembled.

Clay
yeap...

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
$849.95 X 2 = $1,699.90 Sounds like $1,700 to me .
What are the cam specs and what are your valve spring needs?
That's what Summit hopes for ... that you remember the 16 and don't think about the rest of the dollars. LOL

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Comment

:)I just wanted to say WOW whenever a question is asked on this site ,the comerodery is amazing here , everyone adds their fair share of input,thanx you guys....wow..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.