460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 11:1 .040 over 429. Heavily ported c9ve-a heads slightly larger valves, edelbrock performer intake, going with a 750 holley, and working on a custom cam. Also i think 1 7/8 headera will work pretty well. What kind of crank hp do you guys think ill be looking at?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May not be a performer for sure. But im trying to stay with a lower rpm 6200ish dual plane street style motor. How much cam should i be looking at. I didnt plan foe 11:1 just kinda happened with the parts i have.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
May not be a performer for sure. But im trying to stay with a lower rpm 6200ish dual plane street style motor. How much cam should i be looking at. I didnt plan foe 11:1 just kinda happened with the parts i have.
How did you arrive at 11:1? Did you actually measure everything, or are you going off published figures?

A 429 with flat tops .020 in the hole, and 75cc heads will likely be closer to 10.25:1.....which can work with pump gas. If you really have 11:1 compression, pump gas will be "challenging".

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well to be honest I havent actually measured everything up yet to be certain, I was more going off of numbers i have found, per what TRW says and the cc of the c9's. its a thinner head gasket. I have never really messed with the stock type stuff like this before. I have always messed with high compression big bore motors.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only reason i said 750 is because its what i have. Ive seen several stock 460 trucks with 650s never have a problem. Never ran lean or anything noticeable. So am i better off using a 850?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i did have a 3310 750 vac sec on my cruiser. the change to a 850dp proform made a noticeable difference in the launch. car definitely liked it. btw i do have a rather lame *** cam. bobn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts