460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up going to the AED Street Wars at Richmond Dragway last night and ran a best of 10.32 @ 119mph. This was with a 150shot on it and was having to lift about 100ft from the end as I was hitting the rev limiter.
If I dropped back from a 3.73 gear to a 3.55, how would that effect the et & mph? Also, the cam specs on my cam gives a powerband of 3000-6500. It starts breaking up around 6200-6300. What would be the most likely cause of this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
What?? You are hitting the rev limiter with 3.73 gears :!: :?: I think I would look into traction problems before changing rear gears. :wink:

·
Registered
862 Posts
rev limiter

what ignition are you running? My msd digital six would hit the limiter at about the 1000ft mark. shifting at 6400 and rev set to 6800. bumped the limiter to 7200 and problem went away. someone told me that the msd boxes "tickle" the limiter. just a thought worked for me

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, figured out that was my problem. Had this problem before. Mine when set to 6400 starts missing at 5300. I bumped it up to 8k last night and it starts it at 6100 or so. I'm running a digital 6 w/ a blaster tfi coil. I called MightSuddenlyDie on the problem before and they tell me it's ok. I say bs. They can control timing retard to 1 degree but they can't control limit rpm within a several hundred rpm range??????I think it'd time fopr another ignition but I don't know what to swap to. I really like the digital 6 due to all the built in stuff makes it easy to control and integrate everything together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts