460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay as some may know I I busted the spider gears in my front end and now that I have got it out and looked it over it also Scard the carrier where you can not get the Cross pin out, And we have a big race this weekend, And I will not be able to get all the stuff I need and get it toghther in time, so I dont like the Idea of a Welded front end but it is the only way I can go and since I have to replace the carrier anyways I am welding it up tight, so do I need to lock the hubs in when I am on the line and unlock at the other end, and how hard is it to drive with a welded front end

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Okay as some may know I I busted the spider gears in my front end and now that I have got it out and looked it over it also Scard the carrier where you can not get the Cross pin out, And we have a big race this weekend, And I will not be able to get all the stuff I need and get it toghther in time, so I dont like the Idea of a Welded front end but it is the only way I can go and since I have to replace the carrier anyways I am welding it up tight, so do I need to lock the hubs in when I am on the line and unlock at the other end, and how hard is it to drive with a welded front end

you better put a diaper on that chunk :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Larry, I run a detroit locker in front of mine, but there are a couple I've seen with welded fronts and they unlock the hubs and pull to the line. They usually have a person or two at the line to lock them in for the guy. Hope that helps, Chris

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a locker in the front of mine also and it is a handfull on anything hard packed. If you unlock the hubs you should be fine with the pseudospool . You won't want to drive it around locked up any way, it's no fun. You might have a better run however. Tres...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Larry I have my front welded.
My hubs stay locked all the time. At some tracks I have to back up a time or 2 to get lined up with the starting line. No problems at the finish line as most track have plenty of room to turn.
As far as driving from the pit area to the track you won't have any problems.

I'm going to my last mudrace this sunday. Right now I'm trying to get someone to video my runs. The Merkl transbrake has only been tried once and the 9" broke. Now I have good parts in the rear so I think a 3500rpm launch is in order.
Then the truck is getting stripped down.
The next time it runs it'll be a 2wd with slicks going down the 1/4 mile. I hope to be on the 1/4 mile before snow flies.

mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's all about logistics Kris.
The closest regular mud race is 2 hrs away as all the local mud races are gone. The dragstrip is 20 miles away.
I mud raced 2 times last year and sunday will be my first this year.
I'll miss the mud but the truck won't have weeds growing around it anymore.

I know next to nothing about 1/4 mile racing but will learn. There are some members here that race at US 41. Maybe I one of them can help me out at the track getting it right.

mike

·
Registered
690 Posts
I got the same troubles around here. There are fewer and fewer tracks every year.

I was offered to borrow a set of 33" slicks so I might have to try that out one day :D They probably hook a little better than 39.5 boggers.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may end up liking the Welded front end, and Stay with it, I aam only doing since it would cost 600-700 For me to fix the Front end right Now and I already have the welding sticks, I started to put a set of Drag Radials under mine last weekend and try to run it at the local1/8th mile track but decided to help my uncle race his for the first time

·
Registered
690 Posts
you shouldve had it in 4wd. Those 35s up front wouldve cut down on tire spin. :D

Does that pic constitute the meaning of "more lead in your foot and less candy in your a$$?"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts