460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was not so good of a day, I did manage to get to the semi's but the damn red buld found me again. I think the track comes around better and it bites a tad more and makes me red. I need to get a handle on the wheelspin deal, biggest issue was the spinning down track, I had to abort 3 of the 5 runs just to kep it out of the wall. 60' was horrible, 1.42 being the best in the last round. Here is my best one of the night, win wise anyway. I just love to load those piperacks on the trailer. The staging took awile, I had to convince him to go in first lol.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I need to get a handle on the wheelspin deal, biggest issue was the spinning down track, I had to abort 3 of the 5 runs just to keep it out of the wall. 60' was horrible, 1.42 being the best in the last round.
Two words, Jon, Bigger Tires :idea: :!:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are already big..............

125* track temps dont help, this track also has some issues, they get a little touchy about it bnut damn. I wasnt the only one having trouble.

The run in the vid I had to peddle it downtrack, I got lucky and broke his *** out :wink:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I know what you mean, we run a 17" tire and still have issues. If the tracks hot or poorly prepped, they still spin or shake. Hope you make it to Ky, I'm going to be a spectator.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Put a wing on the back to keep the rear end from lifting off....

Your gtting enough speed even in the 1/8th that its getting loose

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never needed a wing at Thunder Valley at over 140 mph, this thing was all over the place in 2nd gear, well under 70, so I think its more of a track thing.

I do think it needs a wing though.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
While a wing won't help the 1st half of the track, Kim could be onto something. And even if it's turns out it's not really needed on the top end, a deck wing is still good insurance.

Looking at the back of the 69-70 Mustang notch back, the large curved drop off of the trunk lid's trailing edge probably provides little or no added down force at speed compared to what a sharp or raised trailing edge could provide.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Ted, gimme a shout, I got some bigblock stuff lying around.

A wing is in the plans, just hate to shell 6 bills to Duffy to make one for me.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
richter69 said:
A wing is in the plans, just hate to shell 6 bills to Duffy to make one for me.
$600 is a killer price for a nice adjustable deck wing. :wink:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
richter69 said:
thats why I wont even consider a fits all mail order deal.
I hear that! Some of the cookie-cutter one size fits all wings look OK, but others just look like crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts