460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The best part is partaking of the contents to get the engine cover....

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It's like it was meant to be..... :wink:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Re: Lite--cast iron?

Wheelie58 said:
I think that Chris should use this Lite technology for his aluminum C&C Hemi.
It should really be Lite.
Ok...too many beers.
Turn off the machine...
Keith, It definitely would have been cheaper than the HRE sheet metal intake I got for it. Be alot easier to try different intake designs too. I could get drunk while designing a new intake. Jeff could you come over to the shop & let's get started on one. :wink: :lol:

Jeff, I tip my hat to you for going green. You showed the proper way to recycle an empty 12 pack box... You are still Da Man !!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Jeff you just aint right Bud!!

LMAO !! well its Lite and the color match's and it has gold highlights!! and it mix's Alcohol well !! Shoot what more could ya asked for..?? Another one!! :D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My simple "in-car" cam swap turned into a pull out and tear it down exercise..................But I'm gettin' closer.

I hope to fire it up before going back to work Thursday night.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
That '67 fastback would sure look good in my garage..... 8)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Nevs. That's a keeper. :lol: :lol: I built it for my Mom with a 289 c4. When she was done with it, she gave it back to me. A 460 for this car is on the "to-do" list. 8) That whole "money" thing always gets in the way. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
cletus66 said:
Sorry Nevs. That's a keeper. :lol: :lol: I built it for my Mom with a 289 c4. When she was done with it, she gave it back to me. A 460 for this car is on the "to-do" list. 8) That whole "money" thing always gets in the way. :lol: :lol:
I hear ya. My first car was a '67 GT 390, 4 speed. I've definitely got a weakness for them :!:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Damn Jeff that the first time I have seen your new garage !! Nice :D

If Ya dont mind me askin..?? what did it cost ya for the floor to be poured and the building Materials? I just ordered a 18x20 Carport, and I'am gonna side it in...`But I loke that building much better you have... But them little carports are only $700 a piece down here! Looks good bud!!

Anything you've done special to the Stang motor? I guess I have been out of the loop to long!! I need some catchin up to do ! :shock:

~Russ

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Russ, the building was 11,500 including color choice and insulation under the roof. The floor was 6200 including a 20 x 20 pad out front. Add in electricity and a compressor, and the whole package was just under 20K. Besides the wiring, I just sat back, drank beer, and watched the pros go to work. 8) :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well jeff thats pretty nice I must add !! Whats the size of the garage? Same as the outside pad? I noticed the high wall in it...Great for upstairs storage too !!

I need to find someone that works for a concrete co...I have my spot here cleared for a 36' by 40' garage..But you would think with all the new houses being built out here by the lake the prices would come down ? "NOPE" I think the last guesstimate on a slab was 6K and that was a winter special "meaning" it may crack...and they aint nothin worse than having a cracked floor in your shop !!

Anyway "Kudos" to you Bud....It Looks great... When Ya having the Garage warming Party!! :D

BTW..what kinds work ya got done on the race car motor? and what are your ET's been ! ?

~Russ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts