460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1978 ford F150 that I am giving a complete face lift new custom paint and interior and High performance race parts to make it a street strip truck, and I want the look that were the *** is a little higher than the front and I wanted the rear tires to be wider in the back, like 50s on back my brother had on a old camaro I really like this look!!! it will have 3.73 gears and I am trying to get the Hp to 450 to 500 hopefully but may end up at 400 at the most will have to wait and see, so what I want Ideas with is what tire sizes I should go with brands etc

If I am going to have 3.73 gears new performance shocks, traction bars, posi rear end, what will work with what I want with out making lots of modification if any????

Does anybody have any pics of what they have

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You might be better at FTE in the 73-79 series lots of different combos over there just like you're describing.

D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yes and lots of great info, that was one of the first forums I join when I bought my 64 F100 and I learned so much, in fact I was inspired to do a frame swap and my 64 body sits on a 1975 F150 frame which gives me better suspension, power brakes, and power steering just as an example. Check it out.

D

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dman

Yes and lots of great info, that was one of the first forums I join when I bought my 64 F100 and I learned so much, in fact I was inspired to do a frame swap and my 64 body sits on a 1975 F150 frame which gives me better suspension, power brakes, and power steering just as an example. Check it out.

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts