460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds strange, but through a series of internet transactions a friend of mine has acquired two fox body long tube BBK 302 headers, but one is a 1 5/8" and the other is 1 3/4".He has offered them to me for free if I want them.Would this cause any problems on a street car?Although they wouldn't be ideal, they are free,and I assuming that even if the headers were the same size there is always some degree of variance of flow between different tubes due to the number and angle of bends and the interior surface finish so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
No problem.

It'll work fine.

Ever seen an asymmetrical turbo kit? A turbo on one bank of an engine only. They exist. They work. If that works, your header situation is a non issue.

And, it'll probably be optimal as long as you're not making more than 400rwhp; because that's about the limit of a naturally aspirated 1 5/8" header before it begins to be restrictive.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured they would be fine as most factory exhaust manifolds are different castings and there doesn't seem to be any problem there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The only problem is one side of the motor will make more power than the other side, and you'll end up spinning the tire on that side harder than the other... :p
Hows the weather out there? My wife is heading to Regina for her cousin's wedding this weekend.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is supposed to be fairly nice this weekend as far as February goes, temps just below freezing with no major precipitation.This has been the mildest winter I can remember, I haven't had to get the snowblower out once yet and I have only had to plug in the truck a couple of nights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts