1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've ran against that car at a NMRA race in Bowling Green a few years back. The whole car was top notch. I talked with the original owner for a while and really liked the car. It was impressive for a SBF powered car. I think it was running 5.20's that weekend.

Personally the only drawback for *me* was that it looked like it was built for a medium sized driver. I don't think I would have comfortable in it. A little too tight.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David. Thats what the new owner is saying about it too. He aparently is 6'6" and can not fit either. The guy who is looking at it is roughly 5'9" and about 210lbs. Just wanting to do a little checking and make sure it was nice for him, sometimes you buy something and it is not what it says , thats why they come back up for sale so quickly. Sounds like thats not the case with this one.

Travis

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I know the car well. It has been 4.99 atleast. Possibly faster.

The previous owner was probably 6'3", pretty tall guy. I never knew of him having any fitment issues.

The car is a really nice car IMO. I would have loved to have it, all the best was used when itw as put together. I think its had a few different small block combos in it. I know the previous owner spared no expense on parts. I dont know what has been changed since Mike (guy in muray) had it.

The guys name is Mike Davis. [email protected] is the last email I had for him. If that doesnt work I can get ya his phone number.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If I am not mistaking that car has made contact with a wall before (when Mike owned it) but I think it was mainly cosmetic damage. I have seen it make some 5. teen passes and it looked good doing it. I believe the car was originally from North or South Dakota.

Edit : I just read the add and if that guy says he has owned it for the last 12 years and it is Mikes car he telling a fib :shock:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Randy, the pictures of the car on holeshots website as well as both racing junk ads were from when Mike owned the car. He had the car on display at the Ford dealer in Mayfield KY for a while.

The car has been in the wall, it was only cosmetic work though. I was actually at Mikes house the day the airbrush artist came to fix the paint. It was just on a small spot on the front fender and pass door. There was no structural damage what so ever.

The the first racing junk ad was posted back in 05. First time Mike tried to sell it, most of those racing junk ad's and pictures are from when Mike owned it. The new owner just copied the text and pictures for his new ad.

·
Registered
941 Posts
8liter said:
I've got a video from of his car running at NMRA from a couple of years ago. I cant link it if you want?
Got any more videos from that event?

In the video I noticed my car waiting to run in staging. :D
The red dragster on the right of the screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts