460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard anything new about any Nhra Ford Pro Stock Testing. I haven't heard anything about Erica at all. Isn't there some sort of race before Pomona that most of the Pro Stocks go to before Pomona coming up?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm excited about it also. it's about time. Do you think it will take a season or so to really line it out or will they have it 100% from the git-go?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm excited about it also. it's about time. Do you think it will take a season or so to really line it out or will they have it 100% from the git-go?
I think that it will probably next year or maybe a little longer before there really competitive. Pro Stock is probably the TOUGHEST class in all racing. I'm very optimistic though with what Erica did in the fall, she got better each pass & that was without any testing! The old motor basically was what ever it unloaded at! I think that the first challenge will be getting qualified & then going rounds & then winning races! Look how long it took Ford to get the Funny car motor in the winners circle? I'm not being a pesimist here, just realistic. But I'll finally be able to set down again & watch a race that I TRULY have something to root for if you know what I mean? Pro Stock to me is the ONLY class to watch, but I've had a hard time watching it without a Ford in it. I could truly care less for the last couple of years & if I had something else to do I went & did it. Now I'll be in front of the TV for every race! This was a VERY smart move by Ford!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm with you on the watching thing David, I have not watched racing on tv for years! I like Force, but it's not really a true Ford to me. I'm excited for the next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
morgan's time compared to the quickest last year???

if morgan did in fact run a 6.65 @ 208 how does it compare to some of the best times from last season? i must say being a long time FORD fan i am excited about the up coming season. hopefully we (FORD FANS) can find info on testing times and who ran what where.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wander if that's NHRA legal? The reason I say that is because when I worked in NASCAR we would test things during the winter that wouldn't pass TECH & we would always be faster in testing than actual race trim.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Remember here guys there just getting started here. I actually think this is very impressive! If I was running a .56 I bet I could beat that .53 with a good light!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Spoke with him again today. Larry Morgans [email protected] is the best of the Fords that are there so far. Robert Patrick is there also, but hasn't made a full clean pass yet. He said he spoke with Larry himself and there is more left in his combo. Tomorrow is the last day for the test. I'll keep you posted on what I hear. So far it sounds pretty competitive for us Ford guys!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spoke with him again today. Larry Morgans [email protected] is the best of the Fords that are there so far. Robert Patrick is there also, but hasn't made a full clean pass yet. He said he spoke with Larry himself and there is more left in his combo. Tomorrow is the last day for the test. I'll keep you posted on what I hear. So far it sounds pretty competitive for us Ford guys!
Awesome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
how many fords are testing???

hey! 70maverick did any body say how many of the blue oval teams are testing?? wow!!! [email protected] with a new motor combination and a brand new car. i would say that is very impressive. this is going to get real interesting this season.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts