460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is way off topic for here but I figured what the heck. I have a couple hundred bucks in my scott account from stock dividends and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what stock to buy with it. The market is so crazy know that i am more confused than ever.:eek:

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Ammo........

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
if your going to buy stock in this day with the market so volital, i would look for a company that provides a service or product that is in demand during this "Great Ressession" such as guns with the gun scare because of Obama new law he wants passed. There is a new company that was started by students at Yale University (i think) that recycle used cell phones and resale back to the companys that supply the major cell phone companies. This will be a cheaper way for the consumer to obtain a new cell phone at half the cost. I'm not saying run out and invest in this paticular company, but i would look for things that save the consumer money.

the way i see it the country is going down and going down fast. IMO, the middle class is being systematiclly eliminated from society. From the vairable loans people took a few years ago to the job losses (many which will never return) and mainly credit card debit and bankruptsy. By the time the dust settles i believe there will be very few true middle class familys left. It appears that our country is headed for a 2 tier society, RICH & POOR.

I invested in apartment buildings because a place to live is secondary only to food.

good luck jay

·
Registered
20 Posts
stock choices

Here are 3, I own, EPD, company owns 18000 miles of pipeline pays 7.8% dividend per year NGT owns 600 gas producing wells and each share is backed with a $20.00 treasury note pays a 5.5% dividend annually NAT owns 16 double hull oil tankers, of which most are already paid for so company has low debt pays 11% dividend annualy. don't put all your money in one basket.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I know it is way off topic for here but I figured what the heck. I have a couple hundred bucks in my scott account from stock dividends and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what stock to buy with it. The market is so crazy know that i am more confused than ever.:eek:

Pharmacuticals ( spelling? ) ie drug companies squibb meyer etc. P
natural gas pipelines low right now but steadyily moving up even in a weak economy. they bottomed out after Enron.

Coca cola
Apple
Pepsi Co
Exxon Mobile

·
Registered
918 Posts
ride down the freeway ,, roll down your window and toss the money out the window ,, go home , get your neighbor to kick you in the nuts,,, have a beer and tomorrow you will be ok ,,:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahahaha, I looked at that when everything was in the tank and I figured I lost so much on my AIG that I wasn't going to take anymore long shots. If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts