460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I heard this story on NPR and I thought it was very interesting. It's about the Apollo Moon landings and the footage everyone has seen with Neil Armstrong coming down the ladder etc. Anyway, it's not the BEST footage of that historic event.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5578853

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Pretty neat. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists are going wild saying that the tapes were purposely destroyed and not lost because they'll prove that the astronauts never walked on the moon.... They claim it was all staged and filmed on a movie set and the astronauts were in on the whole charade.....

That's the same people that are saying the reason Bush wants to go "back" to the moon is because we have never been there to begin with!. They say we didn't have the technology back then, but do now.....

Oh well, it makes you wonder, huh?

Pretty neat story though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dave:
That brings back some fond memories. I was 5 years old, sitting on my father's shoulders at the naval station for what seemed like days in Honolulu waiting on the astronauts to appear on the deck of the carrier that had picked them up. They were so late coming off the ship that a lot of people had left and we kept getting closer to the gangplank until when they did come ashore they were only a few yards away. Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts