460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building some braided tranny lines (trying to anyways lol). I've always used a cool little tool I had, It seems to have grown legs and I need to get this done today,anybody here have any tricks for cutting it(tried black tape and a cutoff wheel) without it going crazy? I'm getting a new tool but it's a cpl days out.
Thanks,
Jr.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
WD-40 for getting it in the fitting!!!! Just be sure to blow it out once you are done! That is actually how I make most of my fittings is tape and a wizzer wheel air tool. Most of the time I am doing them at the track and it works.... lol! Never had any troubles!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks Cale. I'm just trying to wrap this car up. Started out as just a carbon fiber tranny shield(10 sec street car),had to mod the tranny tunnel ( no cutting, just had to be tuned with a bfh lol)l for it to fit(full interior car with a cage so everything in the front had to come out) I got it together, but I'm gonna try it with some wd-40 with some leftover pcs. When I get a new tool, I'll post some pics of it, it's pretty slick takes seconds to get it together and it's really cheap.
Thanks for the tip,
Jr.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just use bolt cutters. Works fine for up to -10AN hose. Cuts through instantly with a clean cut. Don't have to worry about all the particles that a cutting disc makes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
For cutting I used a hacksaw with 2) 32 tooth blades one with the teeth facing forward and one with the teeth facing backwards.
Dave
:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
WD-40 for getting it in the fitting!!!! Just be sure to blow it out once you are done! That is actually how I make most of my fittings is tape and a wizzer wheel air tool. Most of the time I am doing them at the track and it works.... lol! Never had any troubles!
Thats how I have done them in the shop as well. When we used to make them up at the track though years ago and didn't have an air source we used duct tape and bolt cutters as one of the other guys mentioned. Having a set of fitting jaws for the vise also helps when screwing them together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts