460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the OSCA guys. are they the ones with the big money race mid year(i heard like 50,000. to win some classes. just wondering Trent

·
Registered
126 Posts
OSCA

OSCA DOES NOT HAVE ANY 50K TO WIN RACE.
ALL THE RACES THIS YEAR IS AT ONE TRACK HARDENSBURG,KY
THE GUY THAT OWNS OSCA ALSO OWNS THE TRACK
WHAT CLASS WAS YOU THANKING OF RUNNING

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i talked ti a guy the other day from a parts shop in AL that was telling me about some high dollar race in AL he seid ( i thought ) OSCA, I did go on their site and did'nt see the race, but i did see like you seid all races at one track. I was checking the rules to see if there was any place for me to go but every thing is power adder or to light for me to get too. i'm running a N/A 521 in a 68 GT/CS Mustang its setup for Hot Street in the PSCA. the lure of a high dollar race just got me looking, i guess i'll have to call him again to find out what he was talking about maybe it was a bracket race Trent

·
Registered
194 Posts
ORSCA

I am not sure but you may be talking about the ORSCA (Outlaw Racing Street Car Association) that runs here around the southeast. They do have a "big dollar" race at the Huntsville Alabama track each year as their last race of the year. George Howard is the guy that owns the Huntsville, Montgomery and Bama tracks here in Alabama and is the guy that puts up the big money. I know that they have paid up to 30,000 bucks to win and I think that last year the figure did go to 50,000 bucks or maybe that is what will be paid this year. These cars run the 10 1/2" W tires and usually have 4 or 5 classes in which to run. The Fords have not won the last couple of years but have been in the finals. Most of the cars were the small block, turbo, cars but I think that this year we will see a bunch of big block"turbo" cars also. Sould be a fun year.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh; yes

I failed to post site address for the ORSCA bunch. Try "outlawracing.com", also I failed to mention that during that same race they feature the Outlaw Pro Mod cars and also carry a full schedule of bracket racing all on the same night. If you like heads up type racing and bracket racing you can't beat this event.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are probably right on the ORSCA. I was on my cell phone i must have missed one letter cell service sucks at my house. thanks for the site address i'll check them out and see if theres a class for me.

T

·
0 Posts
High Dollar Bracket race

There is going to be a bracket race limited to 128 cars witha $10,000 entry fee at South Georgia Motorsports Park. It will have a guarenteed purse. I know the winner takes home $400,000. Either second rd winner or loser,I am not sure, gets $10,000. ONe buy back only. If you got the cash to gamble with, you could come home with one hell of a check!!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts