460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this tranny work in a very light Fox Mustang( No back seat,Aluminum heads/radiator,fiberglass hood,trunk,doors,plastic windows in doors,racing buckets,manual steering) 511 cid with SCJ heads Weiand Tunnel Ram twin 750 dommies,E-85 fuel,etc?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I run a 400 and am very happy with it, to me the 3 speed is more fun to drive than a glide. I know C6’s work well too but I find the 400 easy to work on and with about $1000 worth of parts I have repeatedly put well over 1000 HP through it for years and a lot of street miles in a 3400+ pound car.

Dan

·
Registered
243 Posts
Check out www.racewithjw.com You need any regular th400 with t-brake and a jw ultrabell. The ultrabell for this aplication is part #92454A, cost should be around $286.47. This is not only a bellhousing it is a certified flexplate sheild as well, JW advertizes that is is 600 times stronger than a stock bellhousing. He also sells th400's that are adv. to handle up to 2500hp. JW'S TRANS. COMP. W/REVERSE PATTERN TRANS. BRAKE sells for around 1200. But as Dan posted earlier you can have one built for around $1000 if you already got the trany. My plans are to go with one later as well. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts