460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just trying to find out what the stock class rules are? Seems like here locally about anything with a good sticker and insurance goes, but id like to know what the actual class rules are.
thanks
Dan

·
Registered
461 Posts
re NTPA rule book

I'll check in mine tonight, but what I've found here in Indiana, is that the local fair boards (or the organization hosting the pull) is usually the ones that determine the rules for the stock class. That is why the rules vary so much.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how's a guy supposed to build a truck and keep it legal if the rules are so unorganized? i wanna know how far i can go and keep it legal, ie, carb size, vacuum, pan evac setup, motor plate, etc.
i know some places around here raise hell about stupid things like fenderwell headers and flatbeds...wtf?
later
Dan

·
Registered
461 Posts
re rules

I got the rules for NTPA and the other organizations in the area that I was willing to travel to, and compared them. It seemed that for Safety, NTPA was the strictest, so all the safety related stuff on my truck is built per their rules. As for the motor and rear end, I built it to the organization that I was going to pull with the most. Lastly, was the weight bracket, some places allow it, and some don't, so I fabricated a bracket that I could remove with 2 pins. Thats about all you can do, from there, you just have to get contact numbers for the various pulls and call ahead to see if your truck meets their rules.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts