460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find a 72 to 75 lincoln mark 4 to buy for parts. Ive got a local add on craigslist looking for one, but have had no luck. I dont need the 460 or the transmission out of it, I just need the body and all that stuff. I need to many parts to buy everything individually. it would be easier to buy the whole car, and get what i need off of it. I would like to keep my search in the eastern Minnessota, Northen Illinois, Eastern Iowa and all of the wisconsin areas. Here are some xamples of the parts i need=

Glass= all except the widshield and rear window.
hood latch assembly and parts that attach it to the radiator support.
The letters that go around the hump on the trunk lid.
Hood hinges if the springs are still good.
Door pannels armrests, hell basically all interior parts i could use.
Driver side fender.
Both Fender wells.

These are just some of the things i need. So if anyone can help let me know. Ive also checked my local salvage yards and none of them have anything that "old" anymore. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Several of them out here in Portland, Oregon. There's about 5 of them in finished condition ranging from 5000 to 10,000.

Finally found this one for you.

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/2987822391.html

If you get it, send me a gift certificate for some ice cream or something :p

I personally always liked the Mark IIIs best, aside from the 50s Mark IIs. We had 10 of the Mark IIIs here for a while, we sold seven and now my dad has one next door and I have one and a parts car between us. None of them run though! Just sit there. :(

·
Registered
714 Posts
Try Joe's Auto Sales
(651) 437-6787
5849 190 St E, Hastings, MN 55033

He has an all Ford salvage yard, he might have what you need.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Try Murray's in Brodhead 608-879-2525 he used to have a bunch of them or Seward's in Newville 608-868-1727. Hank has 10 acres of cars but better get out there soon he is selling the place and cleaning things up lately, he is a great guy with lots of stories.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Murray's in Brodhead 608-879-2525 he used to have a bunch of them or Seward's in Newville 608-868-1727. Hank has 10 acres of cars but better get out there soon he is selling the place and cleaning things up lately, he is a great guy with lots of stories.
I was just down in the Broadhead/Monroe area about a month ago for a wedding. If i would have known about these salvage yards then, i would have skipped the wedding and went to them instead. I'll have to give them a call to see what they have. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a nice Mark 4 in the c-list add. To bad its about a 4 day trip out there from Wi.

Several of them out here in Portland, Oregon. There's about 5 of them in finished condition ranging from 5000 to 10,000.

Finally found this one for you.

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/2987822391.html

If you get it, send me a gift certificate for some ice cream or something :p

I personally always liked the Mark IIIs best, aside from the 50s Mark IIs. We had 10 of the Mark IIIs here for a while, we sold seven and now my dad has one next door and I have one and a parts car between us. None of them run though! Just sit there. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you look you can find fairly decent prices on shipping. 2 years ago a guy got a '66 F100 I found for him shipped to the east coast for $500.

If you can find someone with an empty truck returning to the east coast that needs a load, you can usually get a decent price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nothing There

Nothin' at Joes' in Hastings Mn. I live here and I got after the only one he had and that was 4 years ago. Very little there now thats worth dodging cows, ticks, huge mud, and a lot of his stuff has trees and bushes growing through it. Super crazy and disorganized place. Much disappeared when recycling prices were up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found one!!!!! Yaaaay!

I found a 1973 at one of the local yards around me. I spoke to them on the phone 1st and they said they didnt have one. I drove over there after that to talk to them in person about it. They told me to go out and look because they have alot of cars they dont even know about (thats pretty common with the salvage yards in this area). Sure enough, there was a 73 mark 4 with about 3 feet of weeds growing around it. They forgot it was even back there. Its sank up to the frame in the dirt. but its got the majority of the parts i need, and the prices for parts are pretty decent also. Thanks for your help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts