460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe I have ever seen pics of a big block Ford in a Mark VII...84-92. Anyone here built one, or have any links to one ?

A Boss 429 MK VII would probably be the coolest....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No but there was a Mark 7 over by my house that was for sale for a while and if their price wasn't so dang high I might have bought it. They are really cool looking cars IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only one I've seen was that black tube chassied one that Damon posted pics of a few years back.
Yeah, I believe that was the Mark VIII we saw at Bowling Green.
I don't recall ever seeing a Mark 7 with the [email protected]$s look of skinnies up front and biggies out back carrying a big block.
I kind of think it would be cool looking with a thumping 700 hp BBF up front.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Alan ,I think it'd be a cool ride!! I double dog dare you to do it!! Maybe that'll motivate you:D:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tried it. Hated it. Those cars are a nightmare for wiring. Like a big *** figure 8. 4 computers and hard to find parts. Mine needed too much work to justify building so I parted and scrapped it. I know where to find fuberglass hoods, fenders, trunks, and doors for them.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I drive a Mark Vll to work everyday. One of the best cars I ever owned:)

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Alan ,I think it'd be a cool ride!! I double dog dare you to do it!! Maybe that'll motivate you:D:D
That's all I needed Dan....that's the motivation I can use. lol

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried it. Hated it. Those cars are a nightmare for wiring. Like a big *** figure 8. 4 computers and hard to find parts. Mine needed too much work to justify building so I parted and scrapped it. I know where to find fuberglass hoods, fenders, trunks, and doors for them.
I know how to get around the wiring . I converted my 87 Turbo Coupe to a 460 setup, although the M7 presents more obstacles. It's a 20 year old car, and it's a Bill Blass model, so I figured what the hell. Not much will be lost. Besides, I really need that 5.0 H.O. engine for one of my T-Birds.

Where can I get a figerglass hood for it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Me and my little brother built one he still has it. 460 d3heads cam(dont rember specs) 9 inch made for Mustang 125 horse kit. On et streets it would hook with nitrous on the street without heating the tires, love the air ride works nice.
Never got to the track we were playing on the street with it and smoked the converter, it got put up right after that and has been sitting since.
We did find that with the air ride on if you run it about a quarter mile when you stopped it would sit really messed up for a few minutes.
If you want to know more call me 567-204-0140 my name is Jay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey guys so i just looked at a lincoln mark vii to buy and have a 460 im building sitting at my house. came accross this thread and saw some ppl saying that it is possible to make it fit. does anyone know how much mod it would take, plus how hard is it to find parts for this car? thanks guys!

·
Registered
302 Posts
My son and I put a 91 together a few years ago.Strickly street that evolved into mostly strip. 557 with P-51s.Got it down to 10.0s.Destroyed in a shop fire. lincoln 3-12-11 009.jpg

lincoln 3-12-11 010.jpg

lincoln 3-12-11 011.jpg

·
Registered
967 Posts
Damit....ive been looking at one around from my house.just for a daily driver. 88 bill glass edition. Has 65 k miles on it.guys askin $6500.00 for it.it looks like its in pretty good shape. It just oozes BALLER....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts