460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watchin a rerun of the pinks all out from Phoenix tonight and noticed a truck that caught my eye. Wonder if anyone here knows anything about it they'd like to share??

It was a purple or dark blue early 70's F100 that was elimnated in the first round of the 16 car field. Owner stated that it ran 9.20's w/o the spray, and 8.80's w. It had a Procharger and what looked like a big ford......Anyone know more about it??

He also stated it weighed 4100lbs......I have to know more!! :lol: :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
dirt_worker said:
I was watchin a rerun of the pinks all out from Phoenix tonight and noticed a truck that caught my eye. Wonder if anyone here knows anything about it they'd like to share??

It was a purple or dark blue early 70's F100 that was elimnated in the first round of the 16 car field. Owner stated that it ran 9.20's w/o the spray, and 8.80's w. It had a Procharger and what looked like a big ford......Anyone know more about it??

He also stated it weighed 4100lbs......I have to know more!! :lol: :lol:

Mike
I watched that episode the other night also and have been trying to find out something about that truck. Just can't seem to come up with anything. Mine weighs in at 3820 pounds w/o driver and runs 11's so he has to be making a lot of power. Starts researching truck again...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the one!! :lol: The way I see it he's got to be making at least 1200hp to get that thing into the low nines..... Thanks for the link Dave :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody else know anything about it??? His site gives no info what so ever, and only show a few pictures that look to be from the truck in its earlier days.......

I'd like to know more about his combination......stock frame?? front end?? engine?? tranny?? whatever i can find as eventually id love my 67 to run in the nines at nearly 4000lbs....and my best so far is a 10.90....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts