460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to race it with stock front this year, but thought about making or installing if there is a kit out there out of a newer mustang. What are your thoughts on this.. I dont want to do mustang 2.. looks heavy.. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
strut front end for 1966 fairlane

Fatmans Fabrication sells a front end kit that uses either fox mustang spindles and struts or
sn-95 spindles and struts, whichs means you can use a front coil over kit from these cars.
It also means you have a plentiful supply of disk brake choicesfor your car. I talked them into selling me certain parts from there old design for this application, which includes a manual rack crossmember,and lower control arms. i wanted this because it still uses the strut rod and looks more stock. There new kit uses an a- arm type of lower. Also, you can move your shock towers if you want, to make room for headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
you can contact AJE Racing @ 800-877-7233 they make kits that you might be intrested in saw them on display @ World Street Nationals, real nice parts.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Fatmans Fabrication sells a front end kit that uses either fox mustang spindles and struts or
sn-95 spindles and struts, whichs means you can use a front coil over kit from these cars.
It also means you have a plentiful supply of disk brake choicesfor your car. I talked them into selling me certain parts from there old design for this application, which includes a manual rack crossmember,and lower control arms. i wanted this because it still uses the strut rod and looks more stock. There new kit uses an a- arm type of lower. Also, you can move your shock towers if you want, to make room for headers.
Need a picture of the steering rack and crossmember.......

Ace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts