460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That car was driven on the auction block.

You might find the video on you tube too! I saw it there on you tube but did not save it.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Be cool to see it go. I always liked the ole Galaxies

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm getting old

Saw one of the rocket go karts and a rocket drag axled mustang run at the local track "back in the day". It was a old deserted world war 2 army training base runway. No lights, flagman start, trip light at finish line that just turned on a bulb. Crowd sat where ever the wanted and drank as much as they could tote in.

Saw E.J Potter (I think) run a corvette powered bike there, ran it all the way through the crowd and into the woods. Got up, ran again.

First turbo I saw was there, it was the upright version in the connected ad. Was in a 62 Galaxie, right front seat was removed and it sat INSIDE the car next to the driver with the carb on top and no air cleaner.

Ahhhhh the good old days, it's a wonder any of us old guys are still alive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My buddy here in Greensboro NC owns this car.His name is Eddie.He is a big car collector.I saw this car 3 years ago in Carlisle at the Ford Nationals.I didn't know he owned it until I saw him there with the car.It was origanally purchased from Zach's estate From another Friend that ended up trading the car to Eddie.This car has the origanal paint on it,and you would swear that it was just painted a month ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts