460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best/worst? user friendly? I would like to get one with the sms texting to my cell phone.. I don't do electronics or delay boxes.. I run in Pro class.. thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?

Nobody uses ET predictors? Weather stations? Maybe i'm missing something? I see them hanging on all the race trailers? But nobody likes to talk about them? big secret maybe??

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
They aren't very accurate but just google search them and you will find several. What weight, flywheel hp, transmission, gearing, tire size, max rpm? I can get you close...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Altronics, Altalab, and Computech are all very good predictors. If your car works good and tuned right, they can be deadly accurate in their predictions. You have to remember they don't predict how the track changes and your 60 ft. times change.

·
Registered
335 Posts
et

What Dave said X2 - We use Crewchief Pro software with a Altronics weather station & are happy with the results. That being said you have to learn your combo,read track conditions & a number of other variables that come with a lot of passes & seat time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!!!

That's what i needed to know.. My car is deadly consistant, but i just can't predict with the weather changes.. It will run 6.40's in the morning and go up to 6.47 then back down to 6.38 at night, but i have broke out a few times because for some wheather condition the ajusted altitude on time slip will drop and ill run faster.. Does anyone use that Ifamily software with the SMS texting to your cell phone? Does anyother software do that? Thanks :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
weather

We use the trailer mounted weather station which is connected to a laptop for the CrewCheif program & a pager that goes to the staging lanes with us & it sends updates every 2 minutes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A good weather station will help you tune your car also. If your car and the weather station prediction aren't close, your car is probably the one that need attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts