460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cliff,
I had some work done by him, nice guy, knows his Fords good, been doing Fords for a long time. He machined my block for the roller cam bearings, did some work on my main caps and a few other things, machine work looked great, haven't had motor apart since but will be pulling it apart soon. His turn around time was great, he told me 4-5 days once I got it to him, I think it was 6 or 7, in my book that is great, as some other shops that I used have been 1-2 weeks over what they said.

The only thing I suggest if you have any work done by him, is to get a solid price quote before he does the work, maybe better yet a "ROCK SOLID" quote. I had been advised of this same issue before I went and I made notes of all the costs, which I showed him later. I would think that anyone that has been in the business for 47 years should be able to give a close estimate on the costs (excluding hidden problems that arise) and not be "SEVERAL HUNDREDS" :shock: of dollars more when it is done. I will say that he did adjust the cost after some discussing :oops: of the costs that he originally gave me. :D :D :D

Would I go back to him again, YES, I would just have the quote carved in stone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts