460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy has a bushy for sale for $750. It is almost brand new. My question is how far/hard does the shell eject when fired. I have a Saiga .223 and when I shoot it, it will eject the shell 30-40 feet! I was hoping to use it as a utility gun and keep it in the truck when riding around the pastures, but if I would fire it in the cab it would probably break the windshiled! FYI a Saiga is an AK-47 action. Does an AR kick the shell a few feet and relativly softly? 30-40 feet is crazy!

·
Registered
560 Posts
The M-16 I fired in the Marine Corps didn't do that, it was a real one, most of 'em were converted AR's, I don't remember any of them doing that, though.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Maybe 5-10' at most on mine. I have fired it out of my truck and the shells went out the window when fired at a 45* angle out of the window. Sounds like a decent price too. Local store here has a new DPMS no frills flat top for $800.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm kinda thinking that I want a flat top becasue with see thru scope mounts and a scope on top of that would make it really tall and cumbersome in the cab, in the woods, etc.

·
Registered
324 Posts
AR 15

I would worry more about the Hot shells being ejected. my wife's service match rifle has the Built in Ejector and it is about Ten feet away more too the right than foreward

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
For the Saiga .223, is there a fix for the hard flying cases? Could a stronger spring be used to slow the backward speed of the case?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ScottJackson said:
For the Saiga .223, is there a fix for the hard flying cases? Could a stronger spring be used to slow the backward speed of the case?
I looked and couldn't find anything. I thought about a brass catcher, but the would really be in the way and I think it covers up the charge handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts