460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there is anyone running a Big Block Ford in a Auto-x race car ?

We have a chance to run our 460 Turbo Coupe in an Auto-x event the weekend before the Bash.

Those guys are going to laugh their butts off when my nose heavy monster plows down the cones.... :lol: with plenty of understeer on hand, I will be just a throttle blip away from bringing the rear around. :lol:

Should be fun.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I did a little bit of Auto-x, but in a Toyota. I was really, really bad! I think it had more to do with the car that only had 63hp. Yes a 1987 Toyota Tercel was rated at 63 hp from the factory. :lol:

I'd either try to go fast a plow rows and make turn marshalls run! Or I'd go for a Sunday drive and make sure I didn't hit any cones! It was a lot of fun.

I had a buddy that was 13 or 14 time national champion, John Thomas.

·
Registered
612 Posts
John Bradbury said:
I have been autocrossing my 466, supercharged, propane powered f150.
I have won the EM class twice this year.
You've got what ????

Your going to have to post some pics if your gonna make statements like that. lol!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That truck just rocks!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
John Bradbury said:

OK, here is picture of the truck that I take to autocross. I'm enjoying autocrossing alot more tha going to the dragstrip.
Needs bigger sway bars, both ends. lifting inner tire on front and rear wheels.

Nice truck!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John Bradbury said:

OK, here is picture of the truck that I take to autocross. I'm enjoying autocrossing alot more tha going to the dragstrip.

Mr. Bradbury, you are now my new hero !

WOW !! Never seen anything like that a an Auto-x. :shock:

Alan

·
Registered
305 Posts
I ran my Torino with the 466 and 4.33's.. They classed me in CP because of the cam (No other CP's so I was in with the ESP's and getting waxed)

I will Solo2 the 545, going to me in Mod.. Running on the road course was more fun in the tank, it doesn't change direction quickly but it does hold a sweeper pretty well..

:)

Jim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just found this post with the new search engine (sweet).
I plan on auto crossing my 93 notch with 460 transplant. I would like to go with a manual trans but the funds just arent there right now so I'm sticking with a c6 with a huge cooler.
Going in the car I have full 95 K-member (going tubular down the road) with PBR brakes. I'm going to run a Lincoln LSC rear end with a tri-link and panhard bar out back. Going to coilovers at all four corners.
I think drag racing is boring and this will be much more fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts