460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All. I have an engine supplied from Performance Automotive Warehouse in 1993. I have damaged one piston and desperately need a replacement. I understand Arias pistons may be no more!!. The engine is the PAW Super Gorilla 460 based stroker. I understand this used an offset ground crank with a Chevy 6.8" rod and a 'custom' Arias piston to suit the combination. The bore is 4.437 I understand and the engine uses Howard Aluminum rods.
On the basis i believe i will struggle to replace this piston i am wondering if someone over there in the USA ran this combination some time and just happens to have a set, or partial set of pistons lying around gathering dust. I have emailed Carillo as they have a page on Arias pistons on their website although it seems they only have an Arias catalog for sport compact!!

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

·
Registered
360 Posts
Diamond pistons here in Michigan will make virtually any piston design that you can come up with albeit that service comes with a price and possibly a minimum quantity. Just an option if you can’t find one from another source.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
CP bought Arias. They should have the original job card.

The pistons are almost 30 years old. Live a little.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diamond pistons here in Michigan will make virtually any piston design that you can come up with albeit that service comes with a price and possibly a minimum quantity. Just an option if you can’t find one from another source.
thanks. I guess unless someone just happens to have 6 or 7 lying around in the garage after damaging one or two and pulling them out the motor, getting a set made is the only option. At least there is an option of course. Not sure what happened but looks like Carillo may have bought the rights to Arias. They are familiar with the design and can make a set for $1300. Would obviously be ideal if I could buy one or two but I suppose $1300 isn’t too painful if it allows me to keep my offset ground crank and Chevy size Howard’s aluminium rods. Would be much more painful if I had to replace the whole rotating assembly!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CP bought Arias. They should have the original job card.

The pistons are almost 30 years old. Live a little.
Ha ha!! yes thanks. I spoke to a guy there who is ex Arias and confirmed they can make a full set. And yes, 30 years old!!! although to be fair they have done about 2000 miles in that 30 years!! thanks for the reply

·
Registered
360 Posts
thanks. I guess unless someone just happens to have 6 or 7 lying around in the garage after damaging one or two and pulling them out the motor, getting a set made is the only option. At least there is an option of course. Not sure what happened but looks like Carillo may have bought the rights to Arias. They are familiar with the design and can make a set for $1300. Would obviously be ideal if I could buy one or two but I suppose $1300 isn’t too painful if it allows me to keep my offset ground crank and Chevy size Howard’s aluminium rods. Would be much more painful if I had to replace the whole rotating assembly!!
A few years ago I called Diamond to make a set of pistons for a 3 cylinder diesel Kubota mower I had. I believe at the time there was a 4 piece minimum order. I don’t remember the price but it was more than I wanted to spend for a mower that I was just gonna sell. I wish you luck finding one in someone’s stockpile of parts 🤞

1 - 6 of 6 Posts