460 Ford Forum banner

At what point/age is one considered an Old Fart?

• 21 to 30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31 to 40

• 41 to 50

• 51 to 60

• 61 to 70

• 71+

• Anyone older than I

At what point/age is one considered an Old Fart?

11K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  cougar1969 
#1 ·
Based on the conversation from another Thread, I thought I'd create a new one and get your opinions. Now this a SERIOUS Subject so NO JOKES :wink:

So at what point/age is one considered an OLD FART :lol: :p

I'll Begin

I'm in the 31 to 40 age range (37) so IMO anyone older than I, is an OLD FART :lol: :p :mrgreen:

#7 ·
dfree383 said:
Its all a state of mind !! Oldfartizm doesn't necessary require age to be implemented or considered...................... :roll:
Very Good Point :!: :p

Bahahahahahaha
Ed is an OLD FART :lol:

My Father is 60 so that makes him an OLD FART Too :wink:

Just Razzin' ya' Ed. I still like ya' :D

#8 ·
I'm an old Fart at 41. I officailly became an old fart during therapy for minor knee surgery 1-1/2 years ago. I became really depressed when I realized I was 2 months from turning 40, walking with a cane(from surgery) and driving a 10-y.o. Town Car with a handicap tag hanging from the mirror.

My wife hurt her ankle a few weeks ago and refuses to use a cane. I guess crutches are for any age.

#10 ·
jbozzelle said:
Phantasea466 said:
.............. so IMO anyone older than I, is an OLD FART :lol: :p :mrgreen:

Sorry Damon. I'm 32, so you're an old fart!!!!!!!
Dang It! :roll:

#12 ·
I think one steps into the realm of OLD FARTDOM when he can no longer get out of a recliner without making a grunting or groaning noise. That happened a little early to me because I spent my twenties racing bikes ( motocross and ice racing). I did some terrible things to my skeleton back then. Wuttablast! One other clue is that you can read an entire National Dragster while sitting on the can, and you don't even notice that the toilet seat put your legs to sleep. THAT, my friends, is an old fart.

G
#14 ·
I think I will consider myself an OLD FART when I Slap a hot lookin chic on the behind and she she likes it :p and wants more :shock: and their is nothin more I can do....... :cry:

That my friends is Oldfartizm.

But keep in mind, thats only good if I don't end up in jail for harassment first......

#15 ·
Gearhead559 said:
im 28 and feel 40ish, and some say i look 19 :?
Im 27, feel 40 and still get carded for beer. I swear I dont look my age which kinda sucks now... but its going to be awesome when I really am 40.

#17 ·
I'm getting closer to Old Fartsville. :lol: I'll be the big 40 a week from Sunday. :lol: I think old fart is more of a state of mind, than actual age. My Dad is 67, but he runs circles around people much younger than him, and he still messes with cars and wheels his 63 Falcon all over the place. He had it sideways coming out of a toll booth on the Garden State Parkway. You should have seen the smoke. :lol:

#21 ·
I'm nearly 41, also spent my younger years racing Motocross, ISDE's, Hare Scrambles and lots of Desert Races, naturally I'm now feeling all the broken bones I thought I bounced right back from. It doesn't get any easier to get the body loosened up every morning with each passing year.
Check out the movie "The worlds fastest Indian", Burt Munro was well into his 70's when he was setting records at Bonneville, old fartism should be judged by your actions and accomplishments, not by age alone.

#22 ·
Scott V said:
I'm nearly 41, also spent my younger years racing Motocross, ISDE's, Hare Scrambles and lots of Desert Races, naturally I'm now feeling all the broken bones I thought I bounced right back from. It doesn't get any easier to get the body loosened up every morning with each passing year.
Check out the movie "The worlds fastest Indian", Burt Munro was well into his 70's when he was setting records at Bonneville, old fartism should be judged by your actions and accomplishments, not by age alone.
Excellent Point!

When I was young and didn't know any better I would ride my bicycle through someones yard and some 'Old Fart' would yell at me for riding through his yard. NOW I'm the 'Old Fart' yelling at the kids to stay out of my yard :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

#25 ·
Damn at least some of the older guys give me hope............lol.........I'm 37......never been called old fart thats for sure....been called about everything else...grumpy bastard and sunshine.....the other things i cant post on here..........D

#26 ·
dfree383 said:
Great Movie !! You got to love a guy who cast's his own pistons !!!!
Not to mention building connecting rods from old airplane props.

Seriously, for those who have not bought or rented this movie, do so. Also see the special features section, there is a 20 minute documentery on Burt, complete with interviews and actual footage of him blasting the old Indian down beaches and highways, mindblowing motavation for those less than 80 :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.