460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 1988 Bronco with the 351. I rebuilt it a few years ago with a roller cam from Crane, roller rockers, and headers. The cam was supposed to work with the speed density system. Anyway, the engine started dying at idle. He started testing and replacing stuff until he found that when he unplugged the EGR sensor, it stopped dying. Now the problem is that it revs up waaay to high when it's cold. He thinks it's the EGR sensor being disconnected. He wanted me to try to find out what the return voltage should be to fool the computer. He wants to add a resistor to lower the 5v signal to whatever voltage the computer wants to see. Can you help us with this problem?

Thanks,
David

·
0 Posts
egr

most likely the egr is open a little check for vacuum at egr at idle should be none or the sensor is bad been know to keep engine from starting

·
0 Posts
forget

forgot , first thing make sure the throttle plates are clean & if you do have vacuum at idle solinoid could bad or wire grounded. disconnecting egr or sensor can lead to ping/knocking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts