460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have the racepak style EGT bungs for header tubes? They look like 3/8-16 male threads. I need to add some to my header tubes for the dyno. I also need some 4.5" diameter x 90* mandrel bent tubing to make turnouts for my headers. I thought I would give you a shot since you are a forum member.

Thanks,
David
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Hate to jack your thread, but did you get your filter deal figured out?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charlie, I have the 1/8" NPT stuff, but Racepak uses the male threaded deal. Chuck Ford's dyno uses RacePak stuff and we checked it Thursday night. The thermocouple has a ferule and a nut.

Blake, I am going to use a System 1 inline filter, -16 in/out between the pump and the tank, on the scavenge side.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
David,

Check on the Peterson Fluid Systems site, but the filter mesh on the suction side should not be as fine as on the pressure side. They make a special in-line canister style, scavenge filter just for this purpose and Lawes Mayfield and I have used them on a couple of different engines applications.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
154 Posts
Egt Bungs

I do keep both of the items you are looking for in stock. The Racepak units are a unique swedge/ferrule part. One 4.5 bend should do both turnouts.

Thanks for the shout out. Call me when you are ready to order. I do appriciate your busines. Thanks,Tim

www.dragsterheaders.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts