460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
David W

check this out.... you're gonna get a kick out of it. Especially what Darren of DMPE had to say about the top fuel blowers, interesting stuff. Not that there is anything wrong with what he said I just find it interesting considering what I know......I wish YOUR guy would post a response they would all freak out.

http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=25460

the argument is whether or not there is performance gain to be had with billet cased blowers or is it just for longevity? Darrren says it just makes them last longer.

DMPE said,
quote " The fuel boys probably would see the most out of a billet case at best because of belt load due to snout length. Just remember that a casting does not have the yield strength of Billet. So if the casting couldn’t do the job it would show you and NHRA would tell you to stop trying after enough failures."

JS

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yep, interesting. I am not allowed to say anything, but I will print it out and let someone read it. He will get a kick out of it, just like he did with the DRO article a few months back.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, interesting. I am not allowed to say anything, but I will print it out and let someone read it. He will get a kick out of it, just like he did with the DRO article a few months back.

Thanks,
David
oh man then let ME post something.... names withheld of course. nawww they'd just laugh and say you dont know wtf you're talking about..... which might be half true. :)

but they dont know the whole story thats for sure and it's probably best that way ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts